Monday, June 9, 2008

The Little Red Riding Hood Bike Ride

Well I decided to challenge myself a little bit so I signed up for the Little Red Riding Hood Bike Ride which was last Saturday. You were able to choose the distance that you wanted to ride. I rode the entire 102 miles!!! I was pretty excited about it when I finished. My friend, Rachel, rode with me which really helped keep us both going. It wasn't the best weather...with rain, hail, wind and cold...but we did it. Someone asked me if it was fun...I am not sure that is the word to describe it...but it sure felt great to to finish. We started in Wellsville, Utah and took some back roads up into Preston, Idaho and then worked our way back to Wellsville. It was great...thanks Rachel! I am doing it again next year for those of you who want to join me!!!!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I am giving myself a few more days to heal before I post this accomplishment on my blog...so that maybe I can say it was FUN! I am definitely glad we did it together and that we both rode the entire 102 miles!

Latessa said...

Angela!!! You put me to shame! I hate riding a bike and you did it for 102 miles. I think that Utah sun has baked you a little nuts! LOL Way to go. I think I've found a new person to look up to. You are amazing.

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

102 miles?! I would pass out by the 5th mile for sure. When do you find time to train? I need to get back in shape but I'm so worn out from my day that I just give up and go to bed. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Jenie said...

You must be crazy!!!! That is a lot of miles to bike! Way to go! I am so happy we have hooked up again. Your blog is so cute. Love the pictures of the girls. They are getting so big. How is your scrapbook going? I have converted to all Digital now! I took the leap and have never looked back. I love it! Keep in touch! Go see Jessica's blog, there is a link on my blog page. Enjoy!

Jessica said...

Abby, Hi! Its me Jessica. Do you remember me? I have my own blog for all me friends. come check it out! Are you having a nice summer?

From,
Jessica

Jessica said...

Hi Abby. I saw that you visited my blog. How is your summer going? Chat later