Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our KSL Experience


The other day our tramp completely broke in two. The kids were so sad because that is their favorite "outside" toy right now. I told them that we needed to save up before we could buy a new one. But then I said...what if we sell our pink slide then we can use that money towards a new tramp. We bought the pink slide for Zeth when he was 2 years old so we have had it for 12 years. We bought it for about $300 but now to get one new it is about $400. I said to Russ, let's list it at $200. He said to give us some room to negotiate so I listed it for $250. When I was done typing all the stuff onto KSL and hit enter Russ said so back and look to see if it got listed. I went back to the listing and we saw that someone had already looked at it, just then the phone rang..."I want to buy your slide if you haven't already sold it" I started laughing...I hadn't even gotten up from the computer. She said that she had cash in hand and that they would be here in 20 minutes. I said OK!!! I got 4 more calls before she even got here. Russ and I were laughing so hard..I said what else can we sell...this is fun!!! We went that day and bought a tramp for $260! It was a great day at our house!

4 comments:

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

We sold our slide like this on Craigslist and it went SO fast too!

Jenie said...

I love it! Great story!

Rachel said...

It's addicting for sure! Glad you had a positive experience the first go around.

Latessa said...

WOW!! Now that's fast.