Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hot Wax and Skin....They don't go together!

Zeth wanted me to post his picture of his thumb. He has be bugging me for a while to get in on, but as you already know...I haven't had a lot of time to blog much, so here it is finally. About a month ago Zeth asked me if I would wax his eyebrows for him, something that we do about once a month...he is trying to avoid the "unibrow". So he put the wax in the microwave and let it melt. When it was done he went to get it out and didn't realize how hot it was and it slipped out of his hand and dumped all over his hand and down his shirt and shorts, on the counter, stove, cupboard and floor. I ran over to him and we got it under the water, while I was trying to get his clothes off so that they wouldn't stick to him he was peeling the wax off of his thumb..what a mess, he said that the skin just peeled right off his thumb like it was a piece of tape...no pain. I was sick! As bad as this picture looks, it was a couple of days into the healing process, and it only took about two weeks to fully heal. It was amazing. There was a lot of "what ifs" that day and Zeth was really blessed to have just his thumb burned.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Alright, that is why I am not a medical professional. That totally made my cringe. SICK!!!

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

I think I just puked in my mouth a little. That's DISGUSTING! I guess now Zeth can understand a woman's side... beauty is sometimes painful!