Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fun in the Sun....Oh I mean the cold wind!!!!

Russ and Rob signed up to race in a Dualathlon last Saturday. It was out on Antelope Island...it was suppose to be spring! Yet it was so cold. But they braved the weather.
They had to bike 12 miles up and down some pretty big hills. Russ said it wouldn't have been too bad except the wind was blowing hard and it was quite chilly. Then they ran a 5K. They both did really good!
It is always fun to participate in the races...it is such a great feeling when you cross the finish line. Plus it gets you out exercising and training. Watching this race got both Rachel and I excited for our triathlon in a couple of weeks. Good Job Russ and Rob!

2 comments:

Marc M said...

Wow!!!! Way to go Russ. I envy your dedication. My only claim to fame is the four stiches in my right arm from a mountain biking accident a few months back. I love it though. Tough , challenging and darn fun!!!! Keep it up my friend.

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

That's something to be proud of. Great job. I would love to train with Spencer and do something like that, in the meantime we'll continue to sit on the couch each night and enjoy our treats.
PS. Ang, you look so much like Abby in that 1st pic.