Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Woman of Steel Triathlon









I had so much fun running the race this year...I was more prepared and wasn't as nervous. The bike is my favorite part of the race and then swimming...I have gotten to like running a little more than last year, but haven't found the "love" for it yet! But since it is part of the triathlon I seem to need to do it! It took me 1 hour and 27 minutes...so I beat my time from last year which is exactly what I wanted to do!









One of the questions that they ask when you sign up to do the Triathlon is, "Why do you Tri?" My answer to that was ....because I love crossing the finish line. I just love the feeling that I get when I am done and know that I have accomplished it! It becomes addicting.






The whole race experience is neat especially when my family is there to cheer me on! Thanks Russ for coming and bringing the kids down. The kids sit around and wait and then they see me for a couple of seconds and then wait again! But it means a lot to me have the support.







It is always fun to have friends involved...Rachel, thanks for doing it with me this year...it was a blast. I also had a couple of friends from my ward down there too. It is fun to cheer each other on and to have that encouragement. I plan to do it again next year.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

It was most definitely a fun race...thanks for getting me up that stinkin' hill on the run. I'm so glad that we both enjoy doing these crazy races and that we have a lot of fun doing them together. I'm excited for the bike ride and the next tri. I will start training again next week!!!

Amy said...

Way to go Ang! It is fun and addicting. I am glad that you like them so much.

Unknown said...

Hey Beautiful, you are awesome. I just hope you don't beat me to bad in our upcoming tri. You look great!

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

Oh my gosh Ang, you look sooo good! Your arms are all toned too. I need to join the bandwagon and start doing marathons. Maybe after the next baby. Congrats, I'm sure these are not easy!

Marc M said...

Wow! A family that exercises together stays together... he he. Congratulations!!!! Looks like a lot of fun!!! I was challenged by a family that I home teach today to run the 100 and the 200 meter dash in the Grand Canyon State Games coming up toward the end of June. You both have inspired me now to take on that challenge. :) Congrats.

Natalie said...

Congratulations Angela!!! I'm ao impressed. Kevan has love doing the sprint tri's - although they haven't done them the past two years. Way to go!!!!!

Melinda said...

I'm so impressed! It makes my body hurt just thinking about it though:)

Latessa said...

You rock girl!! You are looking really awesome.